Friday, May 25, 2012

The Return

So I've noticed tonight that it's been over a year since I've written in this thing. I know that I apologize over and over again when there are breaks in between posts so I won't do it again. It's glad to come back and see that all my readers are still here (and seeing that since the blog's inception, there are more than 6700 views to which I thank you).

One of the main reasons why I haven't been here as often as I was in the past is mainly because I don't have the time to devote myself to this thing anymore as I once had. But, that's not an excuse - though I'm trying to pass it off as one. Secondly, I have become completely engrossed in the act of collecting and have been hunting down films left and right. I think my collection has probably grown to almost triple in size since my last post. I've been able to concentrate to hunting down a large amount of my two favorite styles: the 80's slasher and the Italian giallo. I guess I never knew the manner in where to begin searching to advance my collection, but with help from a few new friends and collectors online, things have really changed. A few things have been going on within the horror world, also, and I really would have liked to have gotten the chance to share my thoughts on things as they were happening. But alas, I couldn't, so I won't go on and on about it. Not to say that I won't refrain from discussions on said subjects in the near future.

With that said, all I ill say is that it's good to be back. Now with the advent of wireless internet access within my humble abode and with so many films now in my possession, I think that I can finally begin to make time to once again piddle my thoughts and opinions about what we all love and why this blog even exists.

I'm thinking of completely re-doing this blog, maybe give it a different look but I must admit that I'm too in love with the banner up on top to change it. I know that I once had some of the cover art for the VHS release of House of Death (which I've finally acquired on DVD, by the way - look for its review here coming soon), but there's something about the art for The New York Ripper above that just screams "me". I'm also considering re-vamping some of the reviews that have been up on here for quite some time. Some of you have written to me asking me (nicely) to enlarge the font to make reviews more readable - and that's what I'm going to do. I may add a few extra notes and observations as we all know that every time you sit down and re-watch a film, you catch things that you overlooked all those hundred-thousand other times you've seen it.

I really wish that I could have the time - and patience - to construct a complete website, complete with reviews in alphabetical order, but I honestly don't have the means to do so. That would be ideal. But for now, this will remain the next best thing.

Don't be afraid to leave comments. I totally welcome them. And tell a fellow horror fan/friend about this little blog. I'd love to hear what you all think.

P.S. Don't know if you all know yet, but the blog can be followed now on Facebook. I invite you to "like". =)

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#!/group.php?gid=124894964208426

-Leonel



No comments: